Edson Showcases High Performance Case Packer with Servo Collator, Servo Adjust and InteleSuiteSep 02, 2013
- SR3600sa delivers high speed case packing for large cases and trays
- Servo Adjust rapid changeover and InteleSuite reduce downtime, prevent changeover mistakes and improve maintenance and machine support
- See Edson’s solutions at Pack Expo Las Vegas, September 23-25, Booth C-2020
Hamilton, ON, Canada — Edson Packaging Machinery, powered by ProMach, will showcase its SR3600sa case packer with a SC-SS Servo Cassette Collator at Pack Expo Las Vegas, September 23-25, Booth C-2020. The SR3600sa features Edson’s Servo Adjust™ rapid changeover system and the complete InteleSuite package of intelligent machine management and productivity tools.
Edson’s SR3600sa with SC-SS collator combines the latest servo technology and unique mechanical assemblies to deliver high-performance, high-speed packing for large cases and trays at speeds up to 22 cases per minute. The SR3600sa includes Edson’s Servo Adjust feature, which facilitates product changeover in less than 10 minutes. With one touch of a button, servos adjust in approximately 90 seconds to required package configurations. Operators of any experience level will find changeover a snap.
Edson’s innovative InteleSuite of intelligent packaging systems prevent tool change mistakes and provide instant on-machine product support, troubleshooting, and parts management. The complete package includes:
- InteleTül, change parts management system. During changeovers, InteleTül verifies the proper part and setup using I/O RFID technology. It also records tool usage, number of cycles and maintenance information. If the wrong part has been installed the machine will not operate.
- InteleLink, patent pending, instant on machine product support. InteleLink uses Near Field Communication (NFC) technology to provide instruction manuals, videos with set up and replacement instructions, part history, reordering capability, contact information or custom content.
- InteleVüe, on machine video support and intelligent control system. InteleVüe employs a smart touchscreen control system produced by Beckhoff to display real-time or recorded high-speed video captured by magnetic, wireless cameras installed inside the machine. Video data can help users make fine adjustments, troubleshoot issues, and identify potential problems before they result in downtime. The 24-inch, multi-touch screen provides the convenience of a tablet installed directly on important capital equipment.
At Pack Expo, the SR3600sa will be fully integrated into a complete End of Line packaging system with additional ProMach brands. The system features new integration technology offered by ProMach from Rockwell Automation called RAPID Line Integration that uses Packaging Machine Language (PackML) to enable easier linkage between machines. This integrated system demonstrates the benefits of working with a single ProMach brand such as Edson to develop a complete system, such as one purchase order, less overall risk related to multi-vendor systems, and faster trouble-free start up, reduced downtime, and strong return on investment.
For more information, call Edson at 905-385-3201 and visit www.Edson.com.
Edson manufactures case and tray packing systems with unrivaled expertise in handling delicate tissue and paper-based products while maintaining high levels of packing performance. Edson’s core offerings include high-speed horizontal case packing, product handling, and integrated solutions. Like their machinery, Edson's relationships with their customers are built to last, achieving a legacy of excellence with the most renowned tissue converting companies. Edson is a product brand of ProMach, a global leader in packaging line solutions. As part of the ProMach Robotics & End of Line business line, Edson helps our packaging customers protect their reputation and grow the trust of their consumers. ProMach is performance, and the proof is in every package. Learn more about Edson at www.Edson.com and more about ProMach at www.ProMachBuilt.com.
Media ContactJohn Eklund | 1-704-944-5340
← Back to Press Releases